A lot have been commenting on Instagram and on my blog that they want to know more about my outlining process, so I want t0 tell you a bit about it. First, I’ll tell you everything I need to outline:
- Optional: A computer or paper/notebook…
- An idea
So, now let’s begin!
- I come up with an idea. This can be very hard to find something new, but eventually, an idea will strike when you don’t think it will, so always, I repeat, always bring a notebook to bring with you!
- Write a short synopsis on a flashcard. This is just an overview of the story.
- Come up with characters. After I come up with characters, I write their full name on a flashcard and on the back write their description.
- Make a chapter outline. For this, you can either use a computer or a notebook. This is where you write a short synopsis what happens in each chapter. This is really helpful.
- Last I highlight important information like names, descriptions, an important scene…
So that was it for today! If you have any questions, please let me know and I’ll answer them either in a blog post or reply.
PS: Let me know, what you want to hear more of, and if you have suggestions, don’t be afraid to tell me!:
- Writing, covering each topic
- Travel Vlogs